The Parish of the Transfiguration of Christ belongs to the Deanery of Germany of the Archdiocese of Orthodox Churches of Russian Tradition in Western Europe.
Our bishop is His Eminence Metropolitan Jean of Dubna, whose episcopal seat is the Cathedral of Saint Alexander Nevsky, Rue Daru, Paris.
Our parish is dedicated to the Transfiguration of Christ and has also been placed under the patronage of our father among the saints Methodios, Archbishop of Thessaloniki and Teacher of the Slavs, who was imprisoned in Bavaria for his missionary work in Moravia in the 9th century. Methodios, together with his brother Cyril, are among the most celebrated missionary saints in the history of Christianity. Their joint feast day is celebrated on May 11.
Our community started to form in late 2019. A schedule of regular services began in November 2020. We moved into and renovated our own liturgical space one year later. In 2023, we were incorporated as a parish of the Archdiocese.
Faithful to its spiritual and liturgical roots, it follows the norms of ecclesiastical and pastoral life established by the Moscow Council of 1917-18, as well as its own customs, guaranteed by a patriarchal charter.
Throughout the 20th century, the Archdiocese bore patient and creative witness to the Orthodox tradition and nurtured numerous martyrs, confessors, and distinguished teachers of the faith, including the Venerable Martyr Maria (Skobtsova) of Paris, her son, Martyr Yuri, Priest-Martyr Dmitri Klepinin, and Martyr Ilya Fondaminsky.
The Archdiocese includes the Saint-Serge Orthodox Theological Institute in Paris, five monastic communities, and some sixty parishes spread over seven European countries.